My ex leaves me with all of our kid’s responsibilities. How can I get them to share the hard work?

Co-parenting is all about communication and negotiation. The first step is to talk to your ex and try to come to a more equitable arrangement. If that doesn’t work then there are resources that can help you, such as the Parenting After Separation program from the BC Government or involving a parenting coordinator.

At the end of the day, the most important consideration is the best interests of your child – and your child deserves to have a fun and positive relationship with both parents and to see both parents as equals.

Any guidance provided is not covered by solicitor–client privilege, nor is it taking into consideration all of the facts of your matter beyond those in the question. The legal information is specific to British Columbia Law. If you want a more thorough and case-specific analysis of your legal matter, please contact us to arrange a consultation.

Get a personal consultation.

What can we help you with? *
Who would you like to meet with? *