My ex says I’m an unsafe parent and only lets me see my kid once a week. Should I take her back?

No, you should not take her back. Your ex-husband just keeping your daughter is no better than you just keeping your daughter. When you first break up, it’s important to ask for a court order if you and your ex cannot reach an agreement on how much parenting time each parent gets. The courts are busy, so make sure that in this case, all you’re asking for is an interim parenting schedule order that mimics your daughter’s care before your separation. If you were the primary caregiver before separation, then that is what you should ask for in the interim order.

Any guidance provided is not covered by solicitor–client privilege, nor is it taking into consideration all of the facts of your matter beyond those in the question. The legal information is specific to British Columbia Law. If you want a more thorough and case-specific analysis of your legal matter, please contact us to arrange a consultation.

Get a personal consultation.

What can we help you with? *
Who would you like to meet with? *